The Lykamobile Steamer Series 2-Avaliable from Steam Traction World
Lyka a Lot
There's lot's of love for our Lykamobile - The original Lykamobile Steamer (Series 1) proved to be very popular with sixty five selling worldwide. The Lykamobile has been 'out of production' with a 5 year break in manufacturing and is, only now, being re-introduced due to customer requests. This brand new batch will be limited to only thirty across the globe with production starting in July 2016 - or sooner once ten confirmed orders are achieved. We drove our Series 1 Lykamobile from John O Groats to Lands End - to prove the build quality, reliability and raise heaps of cash for charity too!
The Lykamobile Steamer Series 2 will have a number of improvements - This will include much ‘beefier’ valve gear (beefier is a technical term!), valve gear running on bearings, use of oil impregnated bushes throughout and stronger leaf springs. We are also considering changing the electrical water managing system gauge system and redesigning the boiler so it is more like a Stanley Steam Car.
The Lykamobile Steamer Series 2 is available as a series of self assembly kits and delivered at the rate of one kit per month over a twenty four month period. Without even advertising it, at this stage, we have already received NINE deposits and anticipate this batch to sell out quickly. The initial ten orders can take advantage of a 'early bird' discount. To qualify for this offer simply be one of the first ten customers to secure one of this batch and you will save £1,756 on the advertised list price. Further pricing as follows.
Deposit: £823 (normally £995)
Kits 1 - 24: £549 (normally £615)
Total price: £13999 (normally £15755 saving £1756)
All we are asking at this moment in time is a holding deposit of £195. This then secures the special offer price for you. The balance of the deposit payment of £628 will only be required when we confirm we have received ten firm orders and issue you with a commence date. All the above prices include VAT at 20% but excludes delivery. UK mainland delivery is fully insured by next day courier and charged at £14.95 per kit. Please contact Steam Traction World for delivery pricing outside of mainland UK.
• Length 2.2m • Height 1.6m • Width 1.4m • Weight (410kg) • Water Tank Capacity 45.5ltrs • Fuel Tank Capacity 22.75ltrs
- CHASSIS Tubular steel fabrication, combination weld, bolted and silver solder.
- STEERING “Ackerman” design tiller steering.
- DIFFERENTIAL & DRIVE Spur gear differential similar to the original Locomobile, drive shaft and bearings.
- WHEELS & TYRES Single tube pneumatic, treaded.
- BREAKING SYSTEM Disc brake system.
- ENGINE 21/4" diameter, 3" stroke modified “Hackworth” valve gear.
- WATER FEED Twin mechanical pump.
- BURNER Fuelled by diesel.
- BOILER Multi Fire Tube, fully constructed and complete with necessary paperwork and inspected by notified body.
- BODYWORK & SEATS Wooden with steel frame, seating capacity of 2 persons, with turned decorative spindles with leather style upholstery.
- Gears: forward and reverse.
- Assemble with hand-tools only
- Step-by-step instructions
- Technical service and help-line backup
- Designed on ‘Solidworks’ CAD
- Manufactured on modern CNC machines for build accuracy and high quality
"The Lykamobile is available only in kit form. It can be delivered in a series of ready to paint and assemble kits over 24 months."
Each kit comes complete with full assembly instructions and isometric drawings to make everything as clear and as straight forward as possible. With hand finishing only you’ll find your kit goes together with the minimum of effort.
Kit 1 Main chassis
Kit 2 Steering
Kit 3 Differential & drive shaft
Kit 4 Wheels x2
Kit 5 Wheels x2
Kit 6 Boiler deposit
Kit 7 Springs
Kit 8 Body chassis
Kit 9 Brakes front
Kit 10 Brakes rear
Kit 11 Fuel & water tanks
Kit 12 Engine 1
Kit 13 Engine 2
Kit 14 Wiring loom
Kit 15 Boiler 1
Kit 16 Boiler 2
Kit 17 Cleading
Kit 18 Ashpan & burner
Kit 19 Reverser & fitings
Kit 20 Fittings
Kit 21 Fittings
Kit 22 Bodywork
Kit 23 Spindle seat
Kit 24 Upholstery
For instructions on how to add to our community's blog post, please visit our Get Involved page by clicking on the link above!