Previously I had written on Collra a form of website, but I decided to move my blog to the Steam Car Network website,because my older posts were removed by Collra even though they should have been interesting for new readers and curious. It's a little hard when you put hours on writing articles and then they disappear. I have documented the steps under the renovation projects I've been involved in, but the documentation is of course silly if you can not follow from the beginning, but comes in the middle.
Thanks to the team who run the steam car network site, I can now post and explain what I am doing and engage with others who are interested in steam. All with out the worry of being deleted.
Enough sulked ... .. back to the Project Stanley 1903
Since the last time the newly arrived boiler is in place, unfortunately we have not yet received the burner so we are a little locked when much revolves around this.
But we have started with the renovation alternatively manufacturing of some of the tanks that will be needed in the car. Below are pictures of how water tank is beginning to emerge, and little about the new production of a gable to one of the two air tanks that will act as pressure stabilizer in the fuel system for the main burner.
I also add a picture on an end cap I'm about to make, this should sit on the water filling of the water tank.
Keep up steam! // Gunnar
I am a self-taught steam car engineer whose interest is in the renovation, repairs and manufacturing of steam car parts....