April 02nd, 2014
The project progresses, tonight we have reassembled the machine, we test drove without insulation to see if there were any steam leaks.
Now is the insulation in place and cladding of copper stays where it should.
After this, we pick not the machine several times.
We have even made a small lubricator for lubrication of the cylinders, it is really only a pressurized small jar in the ground is connected to the machine's valve. The connection to the machine is throttled by a needle valve.
The filling cylinder oil in the can, screws back cover and when the machine is running, open the valve at the bottom slightly.
The pressure in the valve chamber pulsates and a weak pumping by a small amount of steam and condensate pumps up and down in lubricator inlet, steam and condensate entrain a small amount of cylinder oil back into the valve body and provides lubrication of the cylinders. The amount of oil is controlled by the small needle valve.
The exhaust pipe has also been put in place and we have started the construction of the smoke chamber, but when it comes to the smoke chamber, we have released on a principle we've had so far (not entirely true, but almost), we have not wanted to use the electric welding.
But when it comes to the smoke chamber, we have grown silent on this principle, we will dress it up with insulation so the cheat will not be visible from outside.
Leave a Reply.
I am a self-taught steam car engineer whose interest is in the renovation, repairs and manufacturing of steam car parts....